New York, USA – Today, ‘Al Falasteniyeh’ announced its plan to begin broadcasting multimedia content on several online platforms on October 29, 2022. The network stated its goal is to report and produce programming on all matters relating to Palestine and the Palestinian people in occupied Palestine and around the globe for return and liberation.
Executive Director and Creative Director Rumzi Taji Farooqi states, “We wish to develop a contemporary and forward looking media network that uplifts the voices of Palestinians in the world today. Our mission is to inform the world of the vast plurality of our identity, to share the richness of our past, to highlight the ever present realities of struggle for freedom, and to imagine and actively participate in the building of our future.”
Al-Falasteniyeh will be broadcasting in both the English and Arabic languages and is supported by a staff of bilingual journalists, analysts, creatives, and writers in Palestine, throughout the Arab world, and all over the globe. Al Farooqi states, “We are also an independent Arab network and a network that will serve the popular classes of people of the world.”
Some of the declared core values of the network include: Preservation, Contemporism, Futurism, Truth, Integrity, Plurality and Diversity, and Independence and Secularism.
The network has released a promotional video on its website and social media accounts and the date of July 8, 2022 was chosen for its special significance. In the video a voice over declares: “On the 50th anniversary of the assassination of Ghassan Kanafani, in honor of his legacy, and in honor of all Palestinians and Arabs who have sacrificed so much to tell our stories, we announce; Al Falasteniyeh Media Network”.
In the weeks and months between now and October 29th they plan to release more videos and articles leading up to its first live feed scheduled to broadcast from the “March for Liberation and Return in Brussels and other locations. For information and inquiries contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Al Falasteniyeh Vision Statement
Al Falasteniyeh is an English and Arabic language Palestinian media network with in-country Palestinian journalists collaborating with staff around the globe.
Al Falasteniyeh aims to be an independent Palestinian media network that reports on all matters relating to Palestine and the Palestinian people in occupied Palestine and around the globe for liberation and return. We wish to develop a contemporary and forward looking news network that uplifts the voices of Palestinians in the world today and resists the racist and oppressive narratives of Western and Zionist mainstream and state sponsored outlets. Our mission is to inform the world of the vast plurality of our identity, to share the richness of our past, to highlight the ever present realities of our struggle for freedom, and to imagine and actively participate in the building of our future.
Our political, ethical, and intellectual allegiance is with Palestinians living under the occupation struggling for their liberation and seeking justice. Also, with Palestinians around the globe who engage in this struggle and who are striving for return to their homeland. We wish to empower the people of Palestine by spreading awareness, preserving their identity, amplifying their calls for organizing, and documenting their global movements for freedom. Al Falasteniyeh will also amplify the struggles and highlight the identities of people who suffer from colonial dispossession everywhere.
- Palestine Centered: The Palestinian people (inside Palestine, in exile and in diaspora) have the most direct experience of their occupation and oppression and it is their struggle for liberation that continues to keep the Palestinian cause alive. As such, the empowerment and support of the Palestinian popular classes and people’s liberation movement is a central tenet of our network. Our network operates on Palestinian, Arab and international levels to support Palestinians in narrating the actuality of the Palestinian experience and to raise the voices of the movement for the liberation of Palestine.
- Internationalism: our network wishes to also follow in the legacy of Ghassan Kanafani and his dedication to the broader Arab people and to popular struggles worldwide.
- Preservation: Preservation of the Palestinian identity and history is an integral component of the Palestinian cause and movement for liberation. Al Falasteniyeh will always preserve, document, and share the history and identity of the Palestinian people.
- Contemporism: The intellectual, cultural and political products of Palestinians around the world today are also an integral component of the Palestinian identity and cause. Al Falasteniyeh seeks to build a contemporary news network that is focused on serving the needs of and empowering the Palestinian people of today.
- Futurism: we wish to support produce and support media that looks towards the future of Palestine and the Palestinian people.
- Truth and Integrity: To always broadcast rigorous journalism held to the highest standards of truth.
- Connection: to connect Palestinians with each other and with the homeland. To connect the people of the world with Palestine and Palestinians.
- Plurality and Diversity: to represent and empower the diverse, pluralistic Palestinian people.
- Independence and Secularism: Al Falasteniyeh will always be an independent and secular news network that serves no agenda other than serving the needs, interests, and wellbeing of the full spectrum of Palestinian people.